Thursday, November 20, 2008

A CELEBRATION!

This past weekend John and I ventured over to Taos for a much needed relaxing weekend. We drove up on Friday night and stayed at the coziest condo I have ever been in, thank you Helen! We arrived a bit late so we decided to get some wine and brie and relax, actually relax with nowhere to be. We were up until almost 2:00am and for those of you who know me it is quite the feat to stay up late. We slept in on Saturday then rallied ourselves to get ready and get some breakfast, which was really more like brunch. Afterwards we toured the shops and I must say I do enjoy the sleepy little artist town. If you are ever in Taos stop at World Cup coffee shop, but bring cash they only take cash. Order yourself an Americano and take some time to read the walls. In the evening  we bought groceries at Cid's, a very organic grocer, to make sushi. After dinner we convinced ourselves to get back out and headed to the Anaconda Bar. I must say, the drinks were great, but the people watching was better. We also ordered the "El Mundo" dessert, also get that if you are in Taos, a delectable chocolate concoction. 

Sunday we woke up, had breakfast at a cafe. While waiting for our food, a blind couple came in to dine, they were probably in their eighties. I mention this because they were two of the happiest people I have encountered in a long time. I didn't have to talk to them, just listen and watch and truly believe that they live by the mantra, "Be happy with what you have, where you are." After breakfast, we went back to the condo and really truly relaxed. I started reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch and what an amazing book, very eye-opening and inspiring. We drove up to the ski area, no skiing of course, but I became car sick on the way up, geez, I NEVER get car sick. It is a very cute area with shops not too far from the slopes, yes, cute that is how I can explain it. 

I had a tremendous weekend with John and spending time re-discovering who we are. I wrote something for John that I want to share with you.

One Year

 

After one year, we stand together, we remain as one.

 

After one year we have fallen in and out of

love and still remain in love.

 

After one year, we have conquered seemingly insurmountable mountains and scaled the highest

heights to stay together.

 

We have looked in the faces of the naysayers

and proven them foolish.

 

We have created a life, made a family, found each

other again and again.

 

After one year, we have learned each other’s ups and downs and we still remain.

 

We have grown together and displayed the kind of strength and fortitude some people only dream of.

 

For all of this, I say to you and believe there is

nothing if there isn’t love.

 

 

I love knowing you.

I love waking up next to you and falling asleep by you.

I love the sound of your voice and the feel of your touch.

I love your warm heart and your cold feet.

I love making love with you and giving love to you.

I love that you are mine.

I love watching you exist.

I love your affection and your kindness.

I love your family.

I love the way you love my son.

I love your kisses.

I love you.

 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my total cuteness!

Don't forget to enter my $50 La Posh style giveaway!